Bards in Baldur’s Gate 3 are versatile spellcasters and performers who use their artistic talents to cast spells, inspire allies, and manipulate the battlefield. And if we put two Crossbows in their hands? The result is this powerful build is capable of dealing serious damage in a single round, with more than 10 attacks. You also take advantage of Rogue and Fighter subclasses, see below the dual Crossbow build.
Don’t forget to check our other Baldur’s Gate 3 guides like Thief Monk build in BG3.
Best BG3 Dual Crossbow build
Class – Bard
- Blade Ward – Take only half of the damage from Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing attacks
- Light – Infuse an object with an aura of light.
- Faerie Fire: All targets within the light turn visible, and Attack Rolls against them have Advantage.
- Sleep: Put creatures into a magical slumber. Select targets up to a combined 24 Hit Points.
- Longstrider: Increase a creature’s movement speed by 3m.
- Speak with Animals: Gain the ability to comprehend and communicate with beasts.
Background – Criminal (Skill Proficiencies: Deception, Stealth)
- Strength 8
- Dexterity 17
- Constitution 14
- Intelligence 8
- Wisdom 10
- Charisma 16
Bard Lv 2
- Jack of All Trades – Your vast experiences make you more likely to succeed in any undertaking. Add half of your Proficiency Bonus (rounded down) to Ability Checks that you are not Proficient in.
- Song of Rest – You and your allies are revitalized as though you would have taken a Short Rest.
Spell – Healing Word: Heal a creature you can see.
Bard Lv 3
Spells – Cloud of Daggers: Conjure a cloud of spinning daggers that attack anyone inside.
Subclass – College of Swords:
- Slashing Flourish (Melee) – Attack up to 2 enemies at once.
- Slashing Flourish (Ranged) – Attack up to 2 enemies at once.
- Defensive Flourish (Melee) – Attack defensively, increasing your Armour Class by 4 if you hit.
- Defensive Flourish (Ranged) – Attack defensively, increasing your Armour Class by 4 if you hit.
- Mobile Flourish (Melee) – Thrust your weapon with enough force to push your target back 6m. Afterward, you can Teleport to the target.
- Mobile Flourish (Ranged) – Shoot a target with enough force to push it back 6m. Afterwards, you can teleport to the target.
Flighting Style – Two Weapons Fighting
Bard Lv 4
Cantrip – Friends: Gain Advantage on Charisma Checks against a non-hostile creature. This spell can be cast while you are Silenced.
Spells – See Invisibility: Become able to see Invisible creatures, and possibly reveal them to others.
Feat – Sharpshooter: Your ranged weapon attacks do not receive penalties from High Ground Rules. Ranged weapon attacks with weapons you are Proficient with have a -5 penalty to their Attack Roll, but deal an additional 10 damage. (You can toggle this on or off).
Bard Lv 5
- Font of Inspiration – You regain all your Bardic Inspiration after a Long or Short Rest.
- Improved Bardic Inspiration – The bonus gained from Bardic Inspiration increases to +1d8 and +1d10.
Spells – Hypnotic Pattern: Hypnotise creatures that can see the pattern. They cannot attack you. They cannot move or act.
Bard Lv 6
Subclass Features – Extra Attack
Spells – Glyph of Warding: Inscribe a circle of arcane glyphs on the ground. When stepped on by an enemy, the selected magical effect will trigger.
Class – Rogue
Rogue Lv 2
Rogue Lv 3
Subclass – Thief: Thieves use their skills in stealth and larceny to acquire whatever they wish, whether from a third story window or the depths of long-forgotten ruins.
- Fast Hands – gain an additional bonus action
- Second-Story Work – you’ve mastered the art of falling and gain resistance to falling damage.
Rogue Lv 4
Feat – Ability Improvement (+2 Dexterity)
Class – Fighter
Fighting Style – Archery: You gain a +2 bonus to ranged weapon attacks. Ranged Weapon Attack: An Attack Roll that determines whether you hit a target with a ranged weapon. Ranged weapon attacks are subject to High Ground Rules and have Disadvantage if you are within 1.5m of an enemy.
Fighter Lv 2
- Action Surge – Immediately gain an extra action to use this turn.
Recommended Equipment for dual Crossbow build
Sarevok’s Horned Helmer
Armor of Agility
Disintegrating Night Walkers
Strange Conduit Ring