In BG3 there are several companions, each with their own unique backgrounds, personalities, and abilities. The Karlach is one of them, she is a Tiefling who escaped from Avernus. She is a very powerful Barbarian, if you want to make the most of her as a companion here you have a Karlach Barbarian build too with some Fighter levels.
The companions have their own stories, quests, and interactions with the player character and the game’s world. Depending on the choices you make and your interactions with them, their fates and relationships with you can evolve throughout the game. Baldur’s Gate 3 offers a dynamic and engaging companion system that adds depth and variety to the gameplay experience.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for other classes or companions builds don’t forget to check our other guides like the Dual Crossbow build in BG3.
Best Karlach Barbarian build in BG3
Class – Barbarian
- Unarmored Defence – Barbarians have the ability to calculate their Armor Class (AC) using their Dexterity and Constitution, allowing them to remain effective in combat even without armor.
- Rage – A defining feature of the Barbarian class, Rage grants them enhanced damage, resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage, and advantage on Strength checks and saving throws.
Focus on Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution.
- Strength 16
- Dexterity 14
- Constitution 16
- Intelligence 8
- Wisdom 12
- Charisma 8
Barbarian Lv 2
- Danger Sense – Barbarians possess a heightened awareness of danger, granting them an advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects they can see, such as traps and spells.
- Reckless Attack – Barbarians can throw themselves into battle with little regard for their own defense, gaining advantage on melee weapon attack rolls in exchange for attacks against them having advantage until their next turn.
Barbarian Lv 3
- Additional Rage Charge
Subclass – Wildheart
Bestial Heart – Eagle Heart: Enter a rage that makes you near untouchable. You can perform a diving strike. Foes also have a Disadvantage on Opportunity Attacks against you, and you can use dash as a bonus action.
Barbarian Lv 4
Feat – Great Weapon Master: When you land a Critical Hit or kill a target with a melee weapon attack, you can make another melee weapon attack as a bonus action that turn. Attacks with Heavy melee weapons you are Proficient with, can deal an additional 10 damage at the cost of a -5 Attack Roll penalty. (You can toggle this on and off.)
- Class Feature
- Great Weapon Master: Bonus Attack
- Melee Attack Bonus: -5
- Melee Damage Bonus: +10
Barbarian Lv 5
- Extra Attack – Can make an additional free attack after making an unarmed or weapon attack. If you gain the Extra Attack feature from more than one class, they don’t add together.
- Fast Movement – Movement speed increases by 3m while not wearing Heavy Armour.
Barbarian Lv 6
- Fast Movement – While Raging, you are stronger, and you deal extra damage with melee and improvised weapons, and when throwing objects. You have Resistance to physical damage and Advantage on Strength Checks and Saving Throws.
Animal Aspect – Aspect of the Beast: Stallion: The Aspect of the Stallion creates safety in movement. Dashing grants you temporary hit points equal to twice your level.
Class – Fighter
Fighting Style – Great Weapon Fighting: When you roll a 1 or 2 on a damage die for an attack with a two-handed melee weapon, that die is rerolled once.
Fighter Lv 2
- Action Surge – Immediately gain an extra action to use this turn.
Fighter Lv 3
Subclass – Battle Master
- Menacing Attack – Spend a superiority die to make an attack that deals an additional 1d8 damage and possibly Frightens the target.
- Disarming Attack – Spend a superiority die to make an attack that deals an additional 1d8 and possibly forces the target to drop the weapons they are holding.
- Pushing Attack – Spend a superiority die to make an attack that deals an additional 1d8 damage and possibly pushes the target back 4.5 meters.
Fighter Lv 4
Feat – Ability Improvement (+2 Strenght)
Barbarian Lv 7
- Feral Instinct – You have honed your instincts to the utmost degree. You gain a +3 bonus to Initiative and can’t be Surprised.
Barbarian Lv 8
Feat – Ability Improvement (+2 Strenght)
Recommended Equipment for Karlach build in Baldur’s Gate 3
Focus on equipment that increases the Armor Class, damage reduction, attack, and movement speed.