In Baldur’s Gate 3, Warlocks are spellcasters that derive their magic from pacts made with otherworldly entities. They have unique abilities and spells that distinguish them from other spellcasting classes, they also can replenish some spells with a Short Rest rather than a Long Rest. Here you can see a powerful warlock build for Baldur’s Gate 3, great for dealing area damage and slow targets, and with good survivability.
Best BG3 Warlock build
Race / Subrace
Half-Elf / High Half-Elf
- Eldritch Blast – This is your primary source of damage. It scales well and is a staple for Warlocks.
- Bone Chill – Prevent the target from healing until your next turn. An undead target receives a Disadvantage on Attack Rolls.
- Hex: Adds extra damage to your attacks and causes the target to have a disadvantage on ability checks with a chosen ability.
- Armour of Agathys: Provides temporary hit points and deals cold damage to attackers.
Charlatan – Have proficiency in Deception (CHA) and Sleight of Hand (DEX).
Maximize your Charisma, as it’s the primary ability for Warlocks. It affects your spellcasting and the effectiveness of certain abilities. A higher Constitution provides more hit points, improving your survivability. Dexterity increases your armor class (AC) and helps with your ability to evade attacks.
- Strength 8
- Dexterity 15
- Constitution 16
- Intelligence 10
- Wisdom 10
- Charisma 17
- Spells – Hellish Rebuke: A Fiend Patron exclusive spell that allows you to deal damage to attackers.
- Eldritch Invocations – Agonising Blast, Repelling Blast
- Spells – Scorching Ray: Hurl three rays of fire. Make a ranged spell attack for each ray. For each ray that hits, you deal 2d6 Fire damage. You can hurl the rays at one target or several.
- Pact Boon – Pact of Chain
- Cantrips – Friends
- Spell – Mirror Image: Create 3 illusory duplicates of yourself that distract attackers. Each duplicate increases your Armour Class by 3. Whenever you successfully evade an attack, one of the duplicates disappears.
- Feat – Charisma
- Spells – Hunger of Hadar: Create a sphere of cold blackness, teeming with unknown horrors. Creatures starting their turn in the take 2d6 Cold damage. Creatures ending their turn in the area possibly take 2d6 Acid damage. The area is Difficult Terrain and creatures within are Blinded.
- Eldritch Invocations – Devil’s Sight
- Spells – Fireball: Shoot a bright flame from your fingers that explodes upon contact, torching everything in the vicinity.
- Spells – Blight: Plants are more susceptible to this spell: they roll with Disadvantage, and still take half of all the damage if they succeed in the roll.
- Eldritch Invocations – Book of Ancient Secrets
- Spells – Wall of Fire: Create a blazing wall of fire, burning anyone who dares stand too close.
- Feat – War Caster
- Spells – Flame Strike: Make a pillar of divine fire roar down from the heavens like the wrath of affronted angels.
- Eldritch Invocations – Minions of Chaos
- Cantrips – Mage Hand
- Spells – Cone of Cold: Make a flurry of frost, crisp air, and condensed snow crystals erupt from your hands.
- Mystic Arcanum – Circle of Death
- Spells – Cloud of Daggers: Conjure a cloud of spinning daggers that lasts for 10 turns. Anyone inside the whirlwind takes 4d4 Slashing damage each turn.
- Spells – Darkness: Create a cloud of magical darkness that Heavily Obscures and Blinds creatures within. Creatures cannot make ranged attacks into or out of the darkness.
- Eldritch Invocations – Whispers of the Grave
- Feat – Charisma